excel

Disyllabic roots in greyfolk language, 2: creating the database

In my end of February report, I mentioned that I was able to create a database to help me create disyllabic roots while preserving Hamming distance. One big part of that was devising a macro for Excel that would do the following: Range A is a bank of possible (according to the rules of my language) disyllabic roots. I generated… Read More »Disyllabic roots in greyfolk language, 2: creating the database

Added a site icon

It’s something small—literally quite small—, but I did it. It took a lot of trial and error—perhaps more than it should’ve taken. All I used was Excel and Paint.net. It’s a bit squishy-squashed, but that’s the Greyfolk word «pe», which is the first-person singular pronoun, translated into English as “I” or “me”, depending on the context. Furthermore, it almost ended… Read More »Added a site icon